What is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa is a relatively new treatment option for women that uses heat therapy via radio frequency (RF) waves to promote collagen synthesis, shrinkage and tightening of female tissues. The treatment is logical choice for female rejuvenation as it is safe, non-surgical, non-invasive, and pain free.
- No preparation needed. No anaesthesia, No injections , No numbing creams.
- No post-surgical recovery or scarring.
- Non-Ablative, Non Surgical and Non-Invasive.
- No dangerous lasers! No pain! No discharge!
- Can be performed 6 weeks after delivery and between pregnancies.
- Treatment effects generally last for 12 months or more.
- Promotes tightening of vulva-vaginal tissues, as well as softer and smoother labial skin.
- Promotes new collagen synthesis.
- Temperature controlled hand piece set to the comfort level of patient.
- Very comfortable warmth, little to no pain.
- Single patient hand piece (no transmission/infection risk)
What has happened to my genital region?
Pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and the passage of time effects the intimate female anatomical structures.
Many women in time are effected by some degree of gynaecological disturbance such as urinary incontinence, vaginal laxity, vaginal dryness, diminished sensitivity and orgasmic dysfunction
Discerning females today seek out effective options for these challenging female problems.
Ideally treatments should be painless with no downtime, effective and provide for reliable symptom improvement. ThermiVa provides the best treatment option in this regard. In fact it is a dramatic advance in female genital rejuvenation.
The ThermiVa procedure is available to all women who are over the age of 18 and meet a few basic criteria such as a normal pap smear within the last two years. Women who are breast feeding may have the procedure, and there is no need for a recovery period; normal activity can resume immediately after each treatment.
ThermiVa treats symptoms that develop from causes such as childbirth and menopause that can include urinary leakage/urgency, poor orgasmic response and discomfort during intercourse, and vaginal laxity. ThermiVa also enhances vaginal appearance by tightening labial tissues, reducing sagging and firming the area for a more youthful appearance.
The ThermiVa procedure is non-invasive, non-surgical, and painless.
Is ThermiVa appropriate for me?
It is worthwhile to discuss ThermiVa as a treatment if you have experienced one or more of the following conditions:
- Vaginal Tightness: Tightening occurs at the vaginal opening and throughout the full length of the vagina. Women and their partners generally notice these changes soon after their treatments.
- Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence/Over-Active Bladder: Reduce urinary leaking and urge. When radiofrequency treatments are used on the pelvic floor many women are able to avoid incontinence surgeries such as the mesh and sling techniques.
- Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction: Treatments may increase nerve sensitivity. Improvement in pelvic floor muscular contractions and the capability to achieve orgasms in a shorter period of time can also result from radiofrequency treatments. Treatments to the clitoral and g-spot regions are achievable and safe.
- Labial Cosmetic Appearance: Tightens labial tissues and helps to reduce sagging, resulting in smoother and softer skin. Women also have more comfort in tight clothing such as bikinis, jeans and leotards and have less awareness.
- Vaginal Dryness/Atrophic Vaginitis: Vaginal moisture both inside and out increases and helps soften and thicken the vulval and vaginal tissues. These changes lead to less sexual discomfort and improved sexual satisfaction.
- Prolapse: The vulva-vaginal tissue is tightened during the treatments resulting in return of the correct anatomical position of some prolapsed pelvic organs. Research is showing an improvement in prolapse by as much as one grade reduction after therapy.
Every situation is different, and it’s important to explore your options with your doctor.
How does the treatment work?
ThermiVa treatments only require 30 minutes.
The treatment consists of temperature-controlled radio frequency therapy, that has been used safely in the aesthetic industry and neurosurgery for many years.
The ThermiVa device works on the same principle of the aesthetic technology for skin improvement. Collagen production, collagen remodelling, and shrinkage of tissue occurring in the vaginal tissues.
When controlled radio frequency heat is applied intra-vaginally with a gentle and small probe the vaginal tissues shrink and tightness is restored.
The secondary effect is that sexual function is enhanced and symptoms associated with prolapse and urinary leaking reduction. The same probe is applied externally where remodelling of the labia occurs.
The treatments are gentle, relaxing and feel like an internal, warm massage. The procedure is performed in a relaxing and private procedure room.
Commonly the patient’s self-confidence is markedly improved.
What is the recovery time for ThermiVa treatments?
ThermiVa is pain-free and requires little to no downtime recovery for the patient. Patients can usually resume regular activity and sexual function on the same day.
Typical Patient Experience
I found my ThermiVa treatment to have a number of advantages & ultimately an excellent result.
It eliminated the concerns of having a surgical procedure & was conducted professionally & in a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.
A number of issues were addressed for me at varying degrees throughout the 3 treatments. Although I have only just completed the 3rd session.
Bladder stress incontinence improved by 40-50% following my first session, increasing to 75% after the second “installment”.
Vaginal lubrication & general firmness & control of associated muscle & tissue gave me heightened sensation during intercourse. This improved noticeably after the 1st treatment & close to 80% following the second.
It enabled me ,as a woman in my late 50s, to once again appreciate the sensation I had during intimacy in my early 30’s.
An unexpected bonus was the aesthetic benefit of the procedure, resulting in general symmetry & tidiness( for want of a better word) of my perineal area. After having 4 vaginal births, this was a very pleasant surprise!